Features and applications
- High adherence
- Water vapor permeable
- Easy to apply
- Not combustible
Instructions for use
- Mix the product with water until a homogenous paste is obtained.
- There are two ways to fix the boards to the substrate with TRADITERM mortar:
NOTCHED TROWEL METHOD
- Apply and comb TRADITERM onto the insulation board notched trowel. In this way an even distribution of the adhesive is obtained all over the board.
- Remove the excess TRADITERM from the edges of the board (approximately 2 cm).
- This method is used with substrates that are planimetrically correct, i.e. when the substrate planimetry is < 5 mm, measured with a 2 m measuring tape.
MORTAR BEAD METHOD
- Beads of mortar are applied, separated 2 cm from the edge of the insulation board, parallel to them. Three mortar blobs are made inside the rectangle formed by the beads.With this method overlaps of between 0.5 cm and 1 cm can be corrected, measured with a 2 m measuring tape.
Use as coating of the panels
After a minimum of 24 hours from the bonding of the insulating panels, the mechanical anchors are placed and the reinforcement profiles are installed in the corners, and the burrs and unevenness between the panels are eliminated by using a sandpaper, the panels are coated.
Spread a layer of Traditerm mortar directly on the insulation panel (or on a previously reinforced surface) and then regularise the thickness with a No. 6 notched trowel
Unfold the Traditerm Malla strips, overlapping each other by at least 10 cm, from top to bottom and press them with a trowel into the grooves of the Traditerm Mortar until they are completely embedded in it. This layer must be at least 2 mm thick and the grid of the embedded mesh must be visible on the surface.
Once this layer is slightly hardened and as soon as possible (normally the following day), a second layer of Traditerm 2mm smooth but not trowelled mortar will be applied, finishing the coated surface.
Once the reinforced layer of Traditerm Mortar is sufficiently hardened and dry, but never before two days have passed since the application of the last layer, the FONDO MORCEMCRIL acrylic primer can be applied by roller, brush or spray, and after it has completely dried, which requires at least 24 hours, the final finish can be made with any of the acrylic mortars in the MORCEMCRIL range
Cautions and recommendations
- Substrates (brick, plaster and concrete) must be clean and free of dust, oil, paint, loose particles, etc.).
- Substrates should be as flat as possible.
- Application by points/blobs or leveling is necessary if irregularities are larger than 1 cm.
- The boards should never overlay the expansion joints of the building.
- Only use the “notched trowel method” when fixing the boards of mineral wool and natural cork to the support.
- Protect the upper part of the façade to avoid any possible rain water penetration.
- Do not apply under 5ºC nor above 30ºC.Do not apply when there is a risk of frost, rain, strong wind or direct sunlight.
- Do not apply to areas where there is a possibility of stagnant water.
- In extreme weather conditions (strong winds or hot temperatures) drying may occur faster.
- In areas where the Traditerm system is susceptible to direct impacts, it is advisable to reinforce the surface of the boards with a double layer of MALLA TRADITERM (Mesh) or with an initial layer of Traditerm Malla Refuerzo (Reinforcing Mesh) and then Traditerm Malla (Mesh).
25 kg plastic-lined paper bags.
Shelf life: 1 year in sealed original packaging, sheltered from weather conditions and humidity.
(Statistical data obtained under standard conditions)
|Reaction to fire
|Water vapour permeability
||µ < 15
|Adherence on terrazzo concrete
||≥ 0,8 N/mm² rupture behaviour A/B
|Adherence of adhesive mortar on polystyrene boards
||≥ 0.08 N/mm² rupture behavior C
|Performance (Adhesive + Covering)
Environmental Product Declaration (EPD)
Cement based mortar prepared with aggregates that are supplied close to the production center, which reduces the greenhouse gas emissions that would otherwise arise from their transport. Manufactured in production centers with an Environmental management certified system following ISO 14001 regulation, offering a firm promise of sustainability and respect for the environment.
Cement based mortar with type III ecological label (the most strict) Environmental Product Declaration verified externally by AENOR.
The instructions for use are given according to our tests and knowledge and do not imply any commitment by GRUPO PUMA nor free the consumer from the examination and verification of the products for their correct use. Claims must be accompanied by the original packaging to allow a proper traceability.
GRUPO PUMA is not responsible, in any case, for the application of its products or constructive solutions carried out by the application company or other parties involved in the process and / or execution of the work, limiting the responsibility of GRUPO PUMA exclusively to the damages directly attributable to the supplied products, individually or integrated in systems, due to failures in their manufacturing process.
In any case, the drafter of the work project, the technical management or the person responsible for the work, or collaterally the application company or other parties involved in the process and / or execution of the work, must ensure the suitability of the products addressing the characteristics of them, as well as the conditions, support and possible pathologies of the work in question.
The values obtained by GRUPO PUMAS's products or its constructive solutions that, as the case may be, are determined by the EN standards or any other regulation that applies to it in each case refers exclusively to the conditions specifically stipulated in said regulation and that are referred to, among others, to certain characteristics of the support, humidity and temperature conditions, etc. without being them required in the tests obtained under different conditions, all in accordance with the relevant regulation.